The Cranbrook Bucks would like to extend a huge Thank-You to Mike Nelson for his two years as the Trainer & Equipment Manager. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!
Job Posting: Equipment Manager & Trainer
The candidate will work alongside the operations staff to promote the values and characteristics of the Cranbrook Bucks, setting the standard for excellence on the ice, in the community, and across the BCHL.
- Keep accurate records of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule.
- Reports all injuries to the Team Doctor, Head Coach/General Manager.
- Administer or arrange the therapy needs of all of the team members.
- Keep accurate records of all treatments.
- Determine the requirements for physiotherapy needs, equipment and supplies for the team.
- Control and distribute all therapy equipment.
- Work cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the Head Coach/General Manager.
- Control, distribute and maintain inventory of all medical supplies.
- Ensure the dressing room is properly organized and assist co-ordination of cleaning daily.
- Meet visiting team’s needs on game days.
- Co-ordinate the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips with the team’s Coaching Staff.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of medical supplies with the Head Coach/GM.
- Be present at the bench during all games and practices.
- Be present on the bench and administers to all the players first aid needs during the course of practices and games. Co-ordinate first responders’ policy and protocol for emergency situations.
- Co-ordinate and complete daily laundry duties.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach/General Manager. Ensure equipment is repaired or replaced as needed.
- Co-ordinate the ordering of player equipment and maintain inventory.
- Work within a Budget and Report to GM/HC and President.
- Plan Dry-land Sessions and Instruct Dry-land at the Teams Hockey Schools.
- Perform skate sharping duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Speak Out accreditation
- Criminal Record Check
- Certified First Aid
- Hockey Canada Safety Person Course Certificate
If interested, please email your cover resume/references to firstname.lastname@example.org.